Tesla just opened a new store and service center in Malmö, Sweden – just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark – and the building caught on fire today.
The local fire department arrived to find smoke coming out of the building and the interior being visibly in flames, according to local media outlets.
Joel Johansson, Internal Commander of the Rescue Service, told the media:
“There has been a strong fire. It has burned in one of their service rooms and it seems that some cars inside have burned, “
Sydsvenskan photographer Patrick Persson took pictures of the firefighters trying to stop the building from burning down:
The fire is still ongoing at the time of writing.But there’s no doubt that if an EV catches on fire, a battery fire can be extremely dangerous and burns strong. We recently reported on an impressive firefighting operation after a high-speed crash in a Model S.
In a garage full of electric vehicles, a fire can get out of hand fast.
For example, when a Gruber Industries garage full of Tesla Roadsters caught fire earlier this year, it went down fast and all cars were lost.
Hopefully, the building is not destroyed and they can open the location soon. It apparently opened just last week.